Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal for XHTML/CSS/JavaScript usage

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal for XHTML/CSS/JavaScript usage
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:10:24 -0700

Dave Hall wrote:

Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> wrote:

I wanted to make 16 HTML 4.01 Transitional comliant, but then looked at
how much work was involved in just acheiving that, and gave up.  XHTML
is nice but is even more work.
switching to xslt will help with this alot

2) Verifing all HTML pages via the W3C validator
All XHTML pages should be correct and verified via the W3C validator. Hint: Live would become easier if it would be possible to verify the templates directly before processing - this is not possible now, because of the
 structure of the templates and its usage.

I is possible to create a non cookie based session where the ip is not
verfied and get the online validator to use that, but that will take a
lot of time.  Validating template can be very difficult, as some apps
add html to the tpls.
Here is another really nifty thing about using xslt. It will be possible to save a copy of the various xml results and then have validator used the canned xml data against the xsl templates.

As with the removing php comments from release code, CVS updates become
a nightmare.
yep

Also who is going to spend the time implementing this in the
unmaintained apps?
the real question