[Phpgroupware-developers] jscalendar

From: ceb
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] jscalendar
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:48:54 +0200 (CEST)

hey,
we droped the jscalendar from our cvs tree again, maybe temporarily. the
reason is they do not use the lgpl but changed the lgpl licensing notice
by adding some aditional notice.

the header in the scripts is the following:

* The DHTML Calendar, version 0.9.3 "It's still alive & keeps rocking"
* Details and latest version at:
* http://students.infoiasi.ro/~mishoo/site/calendar.epl
* Feel free to use this script under the terms of the GNU Lesser General
* Public License, as long as you do not remove or alter this notice.

the last sentense "..., as long as you do not remove or alter this
notice." is lgpl incompatible.

LGPL, section 3:

You may opt to apply the terms of the ordinary GNU General
Public License instead of this License to a given copy of the Library. To
do this, you must alter all the notices that refer to this License, so
that they refer to the ordinary GNU General Public License, version 2,
instead of to this License. (If a newer version than version 2 of the
ordinary GNU General Public License has appeared, then you can specify
that version instead if you wish.) Do not make any other change in these
notices.

so this means the guys dont use the lgpl nor the gpl but something *like*
:) . we will have to contact them to ask for chaning the license info in
the script headers if we want to use the jscalendar within phpgw.

grtx. ceb