Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal for JavaScript

From: ceb
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal for JavaScript
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:45:05 +0200 (CEST)

hey,

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Dave Hall wrote:

> Hi Kai,
>
> After our meeting last week, I realised that there was a real need for
> better js support in the api.  At the moment the phpgw architecture does
> not fully support it.
>
> While travelling to Frankfurt to get my flight home, I put my laptop to
> work (Frozen Bubbles got a little boring), and coded a new js class for
> the api.  Here is a run down of the class.
>
> Features:
> * Search for js packages
> * Generate basic js - atm alert and confirm popups (with lang support)
> * Add header js
> * Add on(Un)Load js as attributes of the body tag
>
> The idea is that we adopt a js architecture using the following conventions:
> app/js/package - app specific js
> phpgwapi/js/package - more generally useful js
>
> package == collection of classes

for the api the *package* dir might be usefull but i dont know if its
needed for every single application. i would say the apps just use
app/js/scriptname.js for appspecific js scripts. i dont think apps will
have whole appspecific js-collections.

i think the phpgwapi/js/package structure is a good place to keep
systemwide layoutindependend js. some layoutdependend js which is used by
some templete-sets could stay in the tpl dirs imo.

grtx. ceb