[Phpgroupware-developers] SQL generator for phpgroupware

From: Edgar Luna
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] SQL generator for phpgroupware
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 07:29:11 -0500

Hi,

This mail is for give you a brief presentation of `sql generator'.
Which is a set of classes that try to help the development of
applications in phpGroupWare that needs to interact with RDBMS.

This is what I created for help jarg (Jonathan Rivera) to create the
new contact backend.

This is created in two layers:
- Primitive SQL generation
- Entity-Relation handling

Primitive SQL generation
          This is achieved via sql class, which provide a set of class
          methods for abstract, the sql from the application
          development. Things like data types, conjunctions, operators
          for criteria (WHERE or ON), and so. And this could be
          extended for support the specialized code certain RDBMS
          could need.

Entity-Relation handling
         This part try to make the development of queries automatic,
         introducing a object-relational mapper, that try to extract
         the relational, and send it to an Object problem. I want to
         say that, the application that is actually developed under
         this, have a pretty simple interface with RDBMS back-end, and
         afaik is the most complex (7 tables).

If you want to see, or download the actual documentation is, for view:
http://co.com.mx/~eald/phpdoc-sql/li_sql.html

If you want to download the docs:
http://co.com.mx/~eald/sql_gen.tar.bz2

If you want to read the source:
http://co.com.mx/~eald/sources/

and if you want to see the code of an application that use it:
The most important thing is in:
http://co.com.mx/~eald/sources/contacts/class.contacts_sql.inc.phps

but you could see another class in the directory that contain it.

If you want grab an snapshot of this contacts for now:
http://co.com.mx/~jarg/phpgw-snapshot/

Hope that this awake your interest and could send me comments about
it, and if you are interested in develop an application based on this,
or that need to join with contact, you could ask me too.

Best regards

--
Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz - http://www.sogrp.com
Fingerprint: C008 5EAC 5272 AC8C 7589  4821 8B34 6166 8733 8310