[Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal - Template Names

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal - Template Names
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:43:05 +1000

Hi all,

Michael Totschnig has filed a interesting bug report - see
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5328&group_id=509

Bug Report
In Preferences -> Change your settings -> Interface/Template selection
the coexistence between the option "Use default" (the administrator set
value) and "default" (the template set which is so called) is confusing.
It would be better to rename the "default" template set.

My proposal
I agree about the template set name.  Maybe a name like "basic" or
"simple" would be more accurate.  At the same time I think we should
keep the current */template/default dirs, just not display them in the
available set.  This involves little work a couple of minor changes and
then the "default" dir a real fallback default directory, which will
still function as it does now.  I will propose this on the dev list for
further discussion.  I don't think this can be changed in 16, but should
be done in HEAD and available in the next major release, because of the
impact of it.

Over to the masses