Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] SiteMgr Web Content Manager

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] SiteMgr Web Content Manager
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:20:23 +1000

Bob Crandell <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm back trying to get SiteMgr working in version 0.9.14.006.
>
> With these settings:
> SiteMgr Options
>
> Site name English / American
> Our Alaskan Cruise
>
> URL to sitemgr-site
> http://192.168.1.2/cruise/
>
> Filesystem path to sitemgr-site directory
> /home/web/htdocs/cruise
>
> And config.inc.php is in /home/web/htdocs/cruise and has the path
> /home/web/htdocs/phpgroupware
> Is this the right place for it?

If that is where phpgw lives, then yes.

> I get this:
> Before the public web site can be viewed, you must configure the
> various locations
> and preferences. Please go to the sitemgr setup page by following
> this link:sitemgr
> setup page. Note that you may get this message if your preferences
> are incorrect.
> For example, if config.inc.php is not found in the directory that
> you specified.
>
> /home/web/htdocs/cruise doesn't have an index.html file in it yet.
> Should it?

Not an index.html .... but you must a page in sitemgr iirc.  Try
creating a "Hello World" page and see how you go.

> This same thing is happening with phpGroupWare 0.9.14.509 so I'm
> pretty sure I'm
> doing something wrong.

the 16RC1 version is a very different beast - more complex but better
results.  I have 2 sites running of the one install, very nice :)

> Would someone be so kind as to help the clueless?

Maybe the Clueless Support Foundation - 1800 CLUE LESS ;)