Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware and safe mod on

From: Thomas Viehmann
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware and safe mod on
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:09:11 +0100

Hi.

lukas pitschl wrote:
> i wanted to ask if someone knows a work-around to get phpgroupare
> working with safe-mode on.
Note that the "Known Issues" page explicitly mentiones "safe_mode" and
the author remarks that it is unknown whether all features can be
realized with safe mode on. (This is in contrast to register_globals
which is listed as a release goal for 0.9.16.)
Probably, if your heart depends on safe mode, you could try compile a
list of things that don't work with safe mode and see whether you or
others can resolve the issues piece by piece.

> and there should be a way to have the users
> and groups dirs under the webtree instead of outside...
There is a way to do that if you absoulutely have to, it just opens a
big fat security hole. (And it's not hard either, but I'm not inclined
to put it in the list archive with my name on it.)

Cheers

T.