RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Info: phpGW on Itanium2

From: Christian Boettger - Mailings
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Info: phpGW on Itanium2
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:10:12 +0200

> but in general, what do you guys have against HTML?  About

Press releases come from the press/marketing department... They just love
PDF and have no clue what HTML might be. :-(

In this case HP wanted a PDF, AFAIK.

> half the time PDF's crash mozilla, mozilla's fault I know,

Hmm, last Mozilla crash (with PDF) was around 2 years ago over here.

> but there's nothing in there that isn't well suited for a
> HTML page...

It's extra work. Which costs time. Which we don't really have in excess...

> just wondering cause it seems like everything
> you guys is in pdf, even stuff that's not intended for plain
> paper print.

Our marketing department writes all texts using OOo. In OOo, it's just one
click to create a PDF. (and no, you wouldn't really want to put the HTML
code produce by OOo on a web page) Creating a HTML page fromn that involves
another half an hour or so (someelse has to do it, he has to be told what to
do exactly, it has to be reviewd etc).

Which brings us back to: we don't really have too much time to spend on
this.

CB