FW: [Phpgroupware-developers] 1.0 feature requests

From: Christian Boettger - Mailings
Subject: FW: [Phpgroupware-developers] 1.0 feature requests
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:19:38 +0200

more...

- use projects from head
- if possible use projects extensions written by pb not currently in phpGW
cvs
- use calender corrections/patches (if not already submitted) (Phlilpp?)
- bulk admin tools for contacts (is there any for accounts?)
- just a dream, I'm afraid: use Mambo templates as templates for phpGW
- migration tools: how to get contacts, appointments/calendar items and todo
from Outlook/Exchange, Notes, ... to phpGW
- get a fat client working with phpGW: Evolution for Linux Desktops and
(urks) Outlook for Windows desktops
- get an offline client (or an offline version of phpGW) for Linux and
Windows working (pb has something nearly working, but not really) (no, you
still can't be always online when travelling... have a look at the costs...)
- find a "really good" GPL-based CMS and link to it or include it.
- same for some sort of document management system
- and some global search engine/information retrieval (perhaps Lucene
based?) (perhaps Dirk can write some words on ideas for pb.Search)
- get rid of the sql-builder... or have an alternative additionally
- performance boost needed (no, it's not a good idea to load all languages
into a session, sometimes two times, just to have to throw away nearly
everything after finding out that the user only can have one language
displayed...)

(just coming back from LinuxWorldExpo & Conference 2004 and having seen some
trends...)

Regards

bofh42 aka CB