Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Remote, delegated confirmation, setting of

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Remote, delegated confirmation, setting of job-status
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:31:25 +1100

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 10:20 +0100, sigurdne wrote:
> Situation
> My company sends about 6500 orders per year to various vendors through the
> property module in phpgroupware. My problem is that some of this orders is
> not
> carried out - and I want the craftsman to set a status at the job via sms
> that
> I can automatically pick up in phpgroupware.
> One other option is that the vendors send an (prepared) email (it might be a
> form that generates a mail to ensure unambiguous format/data) that
> phpgroupware automatically pick up and process (this way I could bypass the
> firewall without exposing the system).
>
> It looks that http://playsms.sourceforge.net/ could bee a solution to the sms
> part.

I looked at the code for playsms, not the cleanest I have seen.  The
concept is nice though.  I would like to see something like this
included in phpgw.

The biggest problem I found with playsms is the license.  playsms is GPL
which is great, unfortunately to contains PHP License code (namely some
PEAR classes).  As it stands playsms can't be included in phpgw.  If you
(or anyone else) wants to rewrite the db interaction layer of playsms to
use adodb or phplib go ahead, then we can use it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

> Anyone have experience with this ?
> Know of any sort of mailmanager to handle these issues?

Sent you some PoC code for this :)