RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Offline ideas (was PGW in multi-location s

From: sigurdne
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Offline ideas (was PGW in multi-location setup)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:29:26 +0200

>===== Original Message From Dave Hall <address@hidden> =====
>On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 16:52 +0200, Mailings - Christian Boettger wrote:
>> G'day!
>>
>> > From: Thomas Bott [mailto:address@hidden
>> > Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] PGW in multi-location setup
>>
>> > We are going to integrate pgw and tested it so far in one
>> > location [head office]. Now we are about to begin the next
>> > step and are going to run pgw in a second location. We are
>> > looking for a 2-way-replication for addressbook, calendar,
>> > infolog, ... and a one-way-replication for user-, group,
>> > acl-management. Later on, all 9 locations should replicate
>> > their application data and recieve user-, group- and ACL
>> > information from one location only, the head office.
>>

>> Interesting coincitence... We are working on an offline-client concept (and
>> implementation) at the moment.
>> This looks quite similar: notebooks have their own phpGW installation,
>> application data can be synced bidirectional where ACL and user data can be
>> changed only on the master server. Works mostly already for mail, contacts
>> and calendaring, other modules are planned but not implemented. And it's
>> alpha phase, not beta or stable.
>
>To reduce the dependencies (and possibly the footprint), you might want
>to consider nanoweb (http://nanoweb.si.kz/) as the httpd.  It has been
>sitting in my pile of possibly useful toys for a while :)
>
>This combined with sqlite might make quite a lightweight install for a
>laptop, which would be cool.
>
>Cheers
>
>Dave

I could also very much have use for this functionality for the app property.

The way it is operated today – is that localized orders and reports  are
drafted on site – and then typed into the system when the user comes back to
the office. It would clearly make an improvement if the orders and reports
could be registered on site – and then automatically transfered to the master
database later on.

Is this  functionality moving into HEAD?

Sigurd