RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Offline ideas (was PGW in multi-location s

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Offline ideas (was PGW in multi-location setup)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:09:17 +1000

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 16:52 +0200, Mailings - Christian Boettger wrote:
> G'day!
>
> > From: Thomas Bott [mailto:address@hidden
> > Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] PGW in multi-location setup
>
> > We are going to integrate pgw and tested it so far in one
> > location [head office]. Now we are about to begin the next
> > step and are going to run pgw in a second location. We are
> > looking for a 2-way-replication for addressbook, calendar,
> > infolog, ... and a one-way-replication for user-, group,
> > acl-management. Later on, all 9 locations should replicate
> > their application data and recieve user-, group- and ACL
> > information from one location only, the head office.
>

> Interesting coincitence... We are working on an offline-client concept (and
> implementation) at the moment.
> This looks quite similar: notebooks have their own phpGW installation,
> application data can be synced bidirectional where ACL and user data can be
> changed only on the master server. Works mostly already for mail, contacts
> and calendaring, other modules are planned but not implemented. And it's
> alpha phase, not beta or stable.

To reduce the dependencies (and possibly the footprint), you might want
to consider nanoweb (http://nanoweb.si.kz/) as the httpd.  It has been
sitting in my pile of possibly useful toys for a while :)

This combined with sqlite might make quite a lightweight install for a
laptop, which would be cool.

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd
be a Microsoft?  Of course not.
Underwear Goes Inside The Pants by Lazy Boy