RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] adodb/mssql

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] adodb/mssql
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:38:37 +1000

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 15:40 +0200, Kai Hofmann wrote:
> > > Adodb documentation is not our part - also adodb is documented
> > > via doxygen. I checked the sourceforge project and it looks to me
> > > that there only the download archives are available - within the cvs
> > > there is only a 3 year old (first) checkin.
> >
> > Have the docs been submitted upstream as a patch?
>
> Are you talking about phpgw-api docs or about adodb docs?
>
> - For adodb we never will make any docs nor changes to existing docs.

This wasn't clear from your post.

>   Use something like:
>   php.exe phpdoc -t E:\Dokumente\phpgw\phpdoc_head
>                  -ti "phpGroupWare head API"
>                  -o HTML:frames:default
>                  -i E:\Dokumente\phpgw\phpgw_head_api\phpgwapi\inc\adodb\*
>                   -d E:\Dokumente\phpgw\phpgw_head_api\phpgwapi\inc
>   to generate the phpgw docs without adodb stuff creating errors.

Wouldn't it be better to create a 'phpdoc-ignore.csv' file in phpgwapi
then it can be easily maintained and devs who use GNU enabled
environments can run

 /path/to/phpdoc -t /path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/doc/phpdocs \
                 -i `cat
/path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/doc/phpgwdoc-ignore.csv` \
                 -d /path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc

btw I removed "-o HTML:frames:default" as that is the default setting and -ti
to me just seems a waste

I would also like to see the docs integrate visually with the rest of the
website.

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd
be a Microsoft?  Of course not.
Underwear Goes Inside The Pants by Lazy Boy