Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization with mobile appliances via

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization with mobile appliances via SyncML - need help ASAP
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:43:18 +1000

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 12:24 +0000, Christian Rost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as mentioned in an earlier posting, I'm going to write an step-by-step
> documentation on how to realize synchronization between PHPgroupware and
> mobile appliances like Pocket PC.

Cool! From what I read from you last post it seemed be under control.

> At the moment I'm stuck in the middle and am desperately searching for help.
> Part of the project is a presentation that takes place next wednesday, where
> we're going to present PHPgroupware and also the synchronization with an
> Pocket PC.
>
> So far I've studied the [sync4j] installation howto from the cvs, the debian
> installation howto from the wiki and the phpgw-dev thread from december 2004.
> Furtunately I was able to get hold on the 1.2 version of sync4j-server.
> Following the howto I installed the jboss/ sync4j -server, the PHPgroupware
> connector and the PHPgrouware modules [sync-module, ipc test suite].

The debian instructions are out of date, but give you some idea of how
to do it.

> But now I'm stuck, because I was unable to find any documentation that helps
> me further. I don't know if I've done it right or
> - how to test the sync4j <-> phpgw connector

With difficulty.

> - which connector to chose for the Pocket PC to connect to sync4j-server 1.2

I haven't tried using a pocketPC for sync.  From what I heard the non
free weblicon plugin is best.

> - which version of PHPgw is the best to work with [.16?]

yes

> Has anybody of you a running system who can help me further? If I can't get it
> running until wednesday, we can't take PHPgroupware for the project, even if
> it's fulfilling nearly all of our needs. I've already phoned the guys from
> Probusiness but they can't help at the moment.

They are usually to busy to help much, seems to be a regular thing with
them.

I am pretty busy myself this week, looming deadline.  If you post on the
user list (where this discussion belongs) I will try to assist if I have
time.

Chers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd
be a Microsoft?  Of course not.
Underwear Goes Inside The Pants by Lazy Boy