Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization with mobile appliances via

From: Christian Rost
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization with mobile appliances via SyncML - need help ASAP
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:18:39 +0000

Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it doesn't help me further. Based on what
I found on the Net and in PHPgroupware docs, I expected the syncML stuff to be
more useable and running in an production and not testing enviroment.

We choose PHPgw, because it seemed to have a working syncML module, in spite
of all the other OS groupware packages which were merely thinking about it. So
has anyone ever used the sync module and sync4j-server besides the Probusiness
guys?

I don't think the posting is misplaced in the phpgroupware-developers list,
as you stated in your mail. There's missing essential documentation about how
to set it up properly and IMHO the syncML topic needs much attention in the
near future. Meanwhile other OS groupware packages like eGroupware or
Open-xChange are on their way to develop an syncML API or already have one.

The current PHPgroupware module only works with sync4j-server 1.2 and needs to
be upgrade to work with sync4j-server 2.x. If it is done, you can use the
sync4j connectors to synchronize modern mobile appliances with phpgw. If I/ we
can help in this process, we will gladly do it.

The installation/ configuration howto I'm going to write during the next days
will be the first step in this process. But to accomplish this, I need some
help. So if there's anyone out there who has a running sync4j <-> PHPgroupware
system, please help.

We're having a deadline, too. Because I expected it to be no problem and a
piece of cake to get the syncML stuff running I started quite late - and now
it seems that time's running out.

As you recommanded, I'm going to post this on the users list, as well. But to
be frank, I doubt that I will get any help froom the users list.

Again, thanks for your reply :-))

Cheers,

Christian

--