[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: SV: utf-8 vs iso-8859-1

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: SV: utf-8 vs iso-8859-1
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:51:57 +1100

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 14:43 +0100, Sigurd Nes wrote:

> OK - converting and import of database went well (saved the dump as unicode
> from gedit).
> The unicode ODBC-driver is working - which means all is well in M$access
> phpPgAdmin seems to have no problem with the converted database.
> The (test) phpgroupware seems to behave (and look) as usual

I am sorry for the bumps along the way, I never thought this would be
completely painless, except for arrogant people like myself who rely
solely on ascii chars.  Are you now happy with the transition?  Can you
live with using unicode now?

I think we should include some notes for people upgrading in the release
notes too.  It would be best if people run the dump and reimport before
install new langs etc.