Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] I want to CVS the latest Head of PHP Group

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] I want to CVS the latest Head of PHP Groupware
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:10:50 -0500

sounds awesome.

On 8/8/06, Zombie Ryushu <address@hidden> wrote:
I awnt to CVS the latest HEAD branch of PHP Groupware and and I want to
try and add Kerberos support to PHPGW, fix bugs in AngelMail, and make
PHPGW PHP5 Compliant.

most of phpgw will work under php5 is you just enable the zend compat
option in your php.ini.  ther eis still some things that need fixing
though.

Angel mail has several issues where Angelmail will "Eat" Attatchments to
E-mails, combine multiple emails together, or show E-mails with large
attachments being blank. I cannot reproduce this on IMAP accounts. Only
POP3.

pop3 is very ineffcient for webmail and you are probably just running
out of RAM.  try increasing your memory limit.

Kerberos support is just a little more complicated. Kerberos cannot
directly communicate with PHP. The method I think would work best for
Kerberos is to use mod_auth_kerb Apache module, which sets the $_SERVER
Variable AUTH_TYPE = Negotiate and REMOTE_USER = address@hidden

sounds fun, there is already some support for http_auth and client
certs (which may or may not actualy work) so the frameworks is more or
less there for adding more auth types.

if you need some "real time" pointers on how things work internaly,
join us on irc at  address@hidden