RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Adding ajax (prajax) and a test for it - p

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Adding ajax (prajax) and a test for it - patch #5311
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:38:44 +1000

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 09:18 +0200, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> [...]

<snip />

> > I think PRAJAX is ok, but it hasn't grabbed me as an optimal solution.
> > A toolkit independent implementation of ajax across phpgw would be the
> > best solution imho.  You should also notice that there is phpGWlink() in
> > js now (enabled by default in idots others to follow), so GET based
> > sessions are fully supported.
> >
> > We should look at developing some basic "AJAX widgets" that devs can
> > easily drop in their apps to make easier.
> >
> I am all for it - as long as it works and is easy to use (code) - how about
> implementing some basic examples to flatten the learning curve ?

For an example of what I have done, take a look at sitemgr's new
filebrowser block, i think it is pretty nice (but i am biased).  It uses
json and the return_as=json stuff we discussed earlier in the week.

If people think it has some use as a generic widget let me know and I
will see if I can find some time to do it.

LLLLL
L*LLL
LLLLL
LLLLL DAVE