Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] mcrypt_generic() errors with addressbook a

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] mcrypt_generic() errors with addressbook and property with HEAD
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:41:24 +1000

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 13:34 +0200, Maat wrote:
> well for myself i need nothing but after a fresh standard install this
> error is really a bad thing.
>
> I know i can even totally disable addressbook because i dont use it but
> others would certainly be happy to test or use it...
>
> I'm just searching a way to make this error not happen after a standard
> install :P

I think gugux was suggesting that you can disable mcrypt support in
setup if you don't have it installed.

This isn't the problem in this case.  We need a check in class crypto to
ensure that empty strings aren't being (d)encrypted.

It looks like what ever is at line 149 of class.crypto should become
something like

if ( strlen($string) )
{
    //existing code
}

> cheers
>

> Guillaume Courtois a écrit :
> > You need the function ? It can be desactivated somewhere in the setup, no ?
> >
> > Maat (address@hidden) écrivait:
> >
> >> here is the error :
> >>
> >> ERROR Warning: mcrypt_generic() [function.mcrypt-generic
> >> <http://localhost/phpgroupwarehead3/function.mcrypt-generic>]: An empty
> >> string was passed in
> >> /path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.crypto.inc.php at line 149*
> >>
> >> it's on a fresh install of phpgroupware HEAD juste when clicking the menu
> >> link of
> >> property  or the add button of addressbook
> >>
> >> system : mdv linux cooker x86_64 + php5.2.3 (with mcrypt module installed
> >> and enabled) +
> >> mysql5.0.45
> >>
> >> help or tips are welcome :-/

LLLLL