Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status of the Debian packaging of phpGroup

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status of the Debian packaging of phpGroupware
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:46:02 +0100

Le jeudi 14 février 2008 à 10:25 +0100, Olivier Berger a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> You may have noticed that the phpGroupware packages have been removed
> from the Debian distribution recently. That means that if the current
> situation is lasting, they will not be present in the future stable
> release of Debian.

FYI, I have applied as candidate for co-maintenance by ITP-ing (Intent
To Package) : http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=464014#17

Christian should confirm also on his will to co-maintain too.

I have setup some infrastructure for holding packaging files into SVN
and use svn-buildpackage (more details at
https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Phpgwdeb/Web/WebHome )

So any candidates to co-maintenance of the .debs could be added to the
picoforge project to help ;)

I'll probably try and ask for sponsorship from Debian developpers as
soon as I can verify that generated packages are conforming to the
contents of the previous version.

If in the meantime Andrew Mitchell gets back to life, I'd be glad to try
and work on alioth instead of PicoForge, maybe.

Also, I'm planning on supporting only the core and maintained set of
applications that Dave mentioned (more discussion in another mail).

Volunteers welcome to help ;)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)