Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: Accepted phpgroupware 1:0.9.16.012+d

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: Accepted phpgroupware 1:0.9.16.012+dfsg-1 (source all)]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:40:54 +1100

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 08:44 +0100, Maât wrote:
> Dr. Christian Böttger a écrit :
> > Olivier Berger schrieb:
> >
> > | FYI, this time, its OK. We now have phpgroupware back in Debian
> > | (unstable).
> >
> > These are extremely good news!
> >
> > Cheers and a big congratulation to Olivier!
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Christian (aka bofh42)
> > (currently still Release Coordinator phpGW)
> >
> > PS: anyone volunteering to bring phpGW into RedHat, CentOS, Fedora,
> > Ubuntu, Gentoo, openSUSE, <name your favourite distro> ??
> RedHat, CentOS and Fedora share the same base architecture so the same
> spec file could suit the 3 distros.
>
> (i think there is a naming convention in the rpms filenames : fc for
> fedora, rh for redhat and maybe rh also for centos but that could be
> done in one specfile)
>
> Mandriva is rather close but will need a specific specfile (perhaps i
> can find time for this one)

These can all be built using the opensuse build infrastructure.  As for
getting them in the distro, someone needs to put the effort into that.

> for Ubuntu the debian basis made by Olivier should be ok (let's consider
> 99% of work done)

Our debs in ubuntu are more upto date than they were in Debian before
they were dropped.  Unfortunately they have been dropped from Hardy too
- and as the feature freeze has passed, I doubt they will be re added :(

> for gentoo and opensuse : no idea at all

Last I checked we have full gentoo portage support for phpgw -
maintained by their webapp team.  opensuse see above.