Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] vfs with svn backend

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] vfs with svn backend
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 08:08:17 +1000

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 20:26 +0200, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> Maât wrote:
> > Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> Is the svn backend working (class.vfs_dav.inc.php)?
> >>
> >> I looking at using the power of svn as a backend for document handling
> >> in the app property.
> >>
> > you could perhaps consider ged ?
> >
> > my 2 cts
> >
> Absolutely - I think ged has great potential - and once Interlink is
> implemented
> (any day now) - we should have a look at how to combine elements from across
> the
> system. Still - it would be nice to have vfs with svn working.

The VFS provides general file management.  ged provides full document
management.  Full document management isn't always needed when trying to
track versioned files, this is the advantage of using the VFS with svn.

As I have discussed with Pascal on several times, ged needs to use the
VFS to be considered a supported application within phpGW.  ged
currently uses its own homebrew versioning system, whereas if it was
using the svn vfs backend, then this would already be available.  Where
other vfs backends are in use, ged could either disable versioning or
use some homebrew system.