Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Current status of the timetrack module?

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Current status of the timetrack module?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:25:32 +0200

Bob Schader wrote:
> Hi, I am the original author/developer ofthe timetrack module for
> phpgroupware. I left the group back around the end of 2001. Now I'm thinking
> of trying to get timetrack running again, but having some difficulty doing so
> for several reasons:
>
> 1. Timetrack wasn't included in the downloadable zip file it seems.
> 2. I had to resort to getting timetrack using the web based subversion
> browser, as my attempts to get it with TortoiseSVN did not work.
> 3. It appears that timetrack has not been updated to keep up with the changes
> made to thew phpgw_api coding standards?
>
> Posting here in hopes of getting feedback from any developers that might have
> worked on this, or have other knowledge regarding how I can successfully get
> the code through svn or what might need to be done to get it working again!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bob Schader.
>
> Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ forums.phpGroupWare.org

Hi,

Welcome back :)

We are working on 0.9.18 and slowly making modules compliant with new
api... all this is done in svn trunk

Yes phpGW api changed heavily... changes were often discussed here but
if you want to dig in archives from 2001 that will be really painful

you can compare timetrack with ged or notes which are already working
with new api

you need to check out al least
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/phpgroupware/core/trunk to create you
workspace

then add the modules to wan to play with using svn:externals on the root
directory you checked out

example of module url for ged :
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/phpgroupware/modules/ged/trunk

and for timetrack :
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/phpgroupware/modules/timetrack/trunk

then do a svn upodate and modules will come

WARNING : if you want a read/write access (provided you have a valid ssh
key and savannah user with the needed privileges)

base url http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/phpgroupware must me replaced
everywhere with
svn+ssh://svn.savannah.gnu.org/phpgroupware

cheers