Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: [phpGroupWare coordinators] Who wants

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: [phpGroupWare coordinators] Who wants to play?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:46:52 +0200

Your active involvement would be great.

In Norway we have this Facilities Management project based on phpGroupWare going
that will live for many years to come.
This project is for professionals and is funded as a serie of collaborating
sub-projects where each gain from each other.
This is organized more like the "Cathedral".
I think it would be beneficial to also have access to the "Bazaar" - and that is
why I try to back-port the results to the original project (along with the
appreciation of the fact that we wouldn't have got this far without its origin).

New developers coming into the project usually has three complaints:
1) Lack of documentation
2) They wish for a more object-oriented approach (more objects, less arrays) -
and of course: new apps are coded this way.
3) The template system(s) is not their favorite.

Still - we have a lot of energy and resources - that I feel would get to an even
better outcome if we could revitalize the original project and collaborate in a
symbiotic fashion.

Regards

Sigurd