Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] IMPORTANT : SVN Structure change (Was Re:

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] IMPORTANT : SVN Structure change (Was Re: Who wants to play?)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:22:06 +0100

Sigurd Nes wrote:

>> Thanks Sigrud.
>>
>> Glad to see you have started to put new things into your "personal"
>> repository.
>>
>> Hope you'll find a little bit of time to explain quickly the big
>> differences between each base trunk  app and your work so that we know
>> what could be looked at for later merging :)
>>

> I'm done - Take it for a spin :)
:)

> The main difference are
> - That db-abstraction is converted to pdo (faster and more secure) -
> and that innodb is default for Mysql (to support transactions).
> The db-object supports db-cloning - which I really really need - so
> please don't remove it.
In you personal repository *nobody* except you is supposed to play :
you're your own master. If you don't remove it then it will not be
removed (not by me whatever).

but till the feature is considered fool-proof, suited for stable
release, tested against regressions and accepted by all the coordinators
team it's merge into base repository  could be delayed

please do not consider this as a personal offence... it's just paranoïa :)

> - New template (set as default)
i'll give a look a t it :)

/me just being curious :)

> - (most)Third party libraries are updated to latest.
cool :)

> - runs on php version 5.3
cool :)

?

> - Admin can set preferences on behalf of users
*very* cool

> - working Interlink - links (two-ways) items across the system
*very* cool

> - properly working install/uninstall.
:)

?

> I recommend that we take it further from the current state rather than
> trying to merge back single fixes.
well i'm not all for this way of doing things. I know previous gigantic
merges from resight have been done and accepted but thats (imho) the
best way to create problems.

i'd prefer to merge nice-featuire by nice-feature

> * Working modules(personal trunk):
>
> core
> phpgwapi
> setup
> addressbook
> admin
> calendar
> hrm
> manual
> messenger
> notes
> preferences
> (projects - well - kind of)
> property
> sms
> todo
>
> * system trunk:
> email might work(if configuration is correct): if it hangs - delete
> the menu-hook and restart apache
?

Could you explain more this case please ?

Just so that i understand why deleting menu-hook  could improve things :)

> Regards
>
> Sigurd
thanks Sigurd for this *big* contributiuon. It's up to us *all* to work
and merge these features into reference repository :)

Regards,

Maat