[phpGroupWare-developers] Automated user handling based on organizationa

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Automated user handling based on organizational roles.
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:52:46 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

In Bergen Kommune we use phpgw as Facilities Management- / Booking system.

We want to automate the userhandling as much as possible - and one idea is to
use the Addressbook to help us.

All employees (about 3000) has a relation to an organization - and this
relation is described by a role. Some employees has several roles/relations.

It should be doable to define rules to define users and acl-rights based on
employee/role/relation/organization.

This information is provided from a central system collecting data from several
sources.

To make this work - we (possible) need to redefine the relation
phpgw_contact_org_person to allow multiple relations per org/person - and to
extend the relation with (custom) attributes.

Any thoughts ?

Regards

Sigurd