[phpGroupWare-developers] phpgroupware website

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] phpgroupware website
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:01:35 -0600

This mostly just an FYI.  In case you didn't know or forgot, I'm
hosting the web and list server.  I'm not very active in the project
any more, but I don't have a problem continuing to host the server.
Dave took care of the software maintenance on it though, so someone
should probably take that up if he's no longer doing it.

I've been doing some server consolidation, so I'm going to migrate the
server to a virtual machine.  It's currently running on a AMD XP 2600+
1GB ram and a single 80GB PATA disk with only 9GB used.  once migrated
it'll still have 1GB ram, and vCPU but on a Opteron 265, and I'll give
it a 15GB virtual disk that will reside on a scsi raid10 array.  This
should be an upgrade, if not in performance then certainly in
redundancy.  There will be some downtime as I copy the 9GB of data off
the HDD, I plan on starting in a couple hours.

I'm also in process of switching to a new internet provider so the IP
address will be changing.  DNS is hosted externally and I have access
to that, you should see a new IP address in the next week or so, but
the old one should continue to work for another month at least.  There
shouldn't be any downtime due to the IP change.