Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Ideas for phpgw / RFC

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Ideas for phpgw / RFC
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:25:37 +0100

Hi all,

Following the discussion here, I plan to try to build the autoload
mechanism in my own branch. In first time, I will made it only working
for core apps and api.

I will be happy to discuss with those interested in the process.
After some quick&dirty search on the net, I plan to use the
slp_autoload_register (so we should be able to use other autoload
feature from thirdparty libs) on a special object dedicated to this
management. It seems to be two schools, one relying on name convention,
the other relying on loaded arrays. Since IMHO we should be able to use
the autoload feature, even for libraries that are not autoloaded, and as
we don't need the autoload feature to be "automatic", I plan to build a
static file containing the autoload infos that should be put in the svn.
This is, IMHO, the best compromise between flexibility and performances.
To help the migration, I will use the autoload feature first in
CreateObject function and then replace this function on a per need
basis. I will replace the old stuff from $GLOBALS[] that was requesting
inclusion of portion of the API in functions.inc.php.

Regards,

Caeies.