Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Ideas for phpgw / RFC

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Ideas for phpgw / RFC
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:00:34 +0100

Benoit Hamet wrote:
Replying to myself ...
I made first tests this afternoon. Just to see if it's doable or not ...
Well, this will not work as expected (out of the box of course :( )
since we are doing some tricky stuff in CreateObject and in included
files (like building the db object depending of the configuration in
header.inc.php, or the vfs, or accounts or contacts ...). So the changes
will be deeper than what I was thinking. At least with the "automated"
way of retrieving class infos... Dev idea's are welcome.
In my mind, I want to bootstrap the autoload chain (in setup too !) so
we are able to easily use our classes in every conditions ...

I don't know if this is in your line of thinking - but I have a version of the db-object that uses either pdo or adodb - based on settings in the header.inc.php.

Also there is an optional feature of delaying the connect upon creating the object - this way I am able to connect to a different database on an different platform mid-session for seamless integration.

However - with the current setup - I am stuck with the chosen abstraction within the session.

Regards

Sigurd