Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:56:39 +0200

Ian,

--On Donnerstag, 19. September 2002 17:08 Uhr -0400 Ian Firla <address@hidden> wrote:

RE:
RE: Dear List,
RE:
RE: My apologies for the intrusion but I wonder if anyone else has come
RE: across this problem. I've read through the list archives both here and
RE: for developers as well as bug reports and can't find any mention of the
RE: problem and am now worrying that I'm missing something.
RE:
RE: I would like all users to be able to read one another's address books.
RE:
RE: I have gone to the user's "grant access" settings for the address book,
RE: and ticked on "read" and "edit". I've made sure that the address book
RE: entries are not set to "private". Still, nothing comes up and I can't
RE: work out why.

Did you make shure that all users are in the same group? Or did you grant access to every user individually?

RE:
RE: I'm running phpGroupWare version 0.9.13.018 on a Debian / Woody box
RE: that's been fully updated. I have had the same issue after installing
RE: the source and also when I've apt-get'd the package.

What is fully updated? phpGroupware or the Debian system?

I would suspect updating phpGroupware could be a problem because the data model of the addressbook app seems to have changed. I tried updating from 0.9.12 to 0.9.14, and it did not work. I had to transfer the adresses manually via the export/import function, and even that was not easy to get working.

Dirk