Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users to PhpGroupware easily??

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users to PhpGroupware easily??
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:25:26 -0800

Your talking about the vmailmgr app. It works with the qmail+vmailmgr combo and works so that when you add/delete/change_password a user, it will also happen on the mail server. It works pretty well, but the problem is that vmailmgr itself has fallen from grace and is not being activly developed and does not compile on the latest versions of RedHat. All in all Im bumbed, but am going to solve the problem by working with QmailLDAP and qmail+vpopmail solutions to replace the functionality.

Dan

Chris Weiss wrote:
if you set your imap server to use ldap, then set phpgw to use ldap, you're set.
Out side of that, there is an experimental vmailmgr (i think..it's vsomething)
interface for phpgw floating around, maybe in head cvs.

Wayne Ringling (address@hidden) wrote*:

I was looking at PhpGroupware and have to say that it sure looks like a
great package.  Nice job guys !!!!

Second,  is there a way to make it so that when you add a user in
PhpGroupware it automatically adds them to the imap server with the same
password.  Is that what the QmailLDAP module does?  Without going into
details what software would I need to install to do this?  Presume Linux
(with standard bare load), Apache, PHP w/imap, IMAP, Qmail. I don't mind
getting my hands dirty in the system just would like to make sure it is
possible without alot of special coding.  Please reply to this email also
because I just signed up to the mailing list.

Wayne