Re: [Phpgroupware-users] cvs update - detail question

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] cvs update - detail question
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:19:05 +0000

As mentioned already, -z tells it to compress, this will make the transfer go
faster, but using -z9 will add too much CPU and will slow it down if the server
is
under any load, which it usualy is.

`cvs -z6 update -dP` from the phpgroupware directory is the command for a
complete
updtae.  cvs will recurse into each directory under that and update the entire
installation.  If you have some apps from the stable .14 (default for the
tarball)
and you have installed some apps from HEAD (like the latest sitemgr) cvs will
know
the difference and update each app frm the correct branch.