Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Missing tables in database

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Missing tables in database
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:34 -0500

On 8/12/07, Mike wrote:
> the shell-access is only needed for sql.

actualy, for mysql the setup can do this for you too, there are fields
to fill in the root/admin login and the wanted username and database
specified in the header management will be created.  this is also all
explained in the install howto on the download page, including
everything from your previous post.  you've basically made a summary
of the howto.

> maybe it helps if you post more informations about your environment on
> webserver.

for one, i don't use shared hosting.  don't trust them personally and
I can afford better, lucky me I guess.  however, we have made an
effort to work on shared hosting, but not all shared hosts know how to
properly manage a php/mysql based web stack so they won't support
phpgw.  case in point are those don't allow LOCK permissions, for some
unknown reason they think that you locking a table can somehow lock
out the whole server which is just fiction.