Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Missing tables in database

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Missing tables in database
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:51:48 -0500

On 8/12/07, Gene Floyd wrote:
> Godaddy tech support says that it is not possible to grant lock priviledges
> on a shared hosting account.

from what I have witnessed,  godaddy is one of the worst hosts out
here.  I've heard tech support horror stories in forums and in irc and
unlike many things no one chimes in to take their side.

> It seems odd that it would have trouble creating one or two tables without
> special priviledges after it's created hundreds of others.

this does seem odd to me as well, LOCK should not be needed to create
the tables, but will be required for phpgw to operate.  We need LOCK
due to mysql's lack of transaction support using its defaults, not
locking means a chance for inconsistent data.

I'm sure there are better affordable hosts, maybe someone else on the
list can recommend one.