phptest-users

Re: [Phptest-users] User gets someone else's results

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] User gets someone else's results
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:19:46 -0700

Kathleen A. Ferraro wrote:
Currently my result table shows a maximum result_id
of 3623. Today a student emailed to say that when he completed a test, he saw another student's results rather than his. own. I looked for both students' user_ids in the results table and found that they had completed a test within 5 seconds of each other.

Oooh.  I haven't looked at the code, but I wonder if
the code that assigns new result_id's is protected
at all from multiple people submitting at the same
time!

It's kind of sad how phptest has withered.  All the
other online test apps I've looked at are part of
huge packages that are intimidating to install...
- Dan

--
Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See
http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html