Re: Webpage

From: Tomek Mloduchowski
Subject: Re: Webpage
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:20:41 +0100 (CET)

Wow - looks better - why don't make it under http://pingus.seul.org/

> > &also small suggestion... Can you make (or maybe I'll make) a
> > tarball of recent pingus - cvs is good, but some dial-up users will
> > prefer single download, which is shorter than cvs...
>
> CVS snapshots are available at:
>
>  * http://www.clanlib.org/download/snapshots/Games/
>
> but I absolutly do not recomment them, unless CVS is impossible to
> access for you. CVS is a lot faster in the long run, since only
> downloads the changes and not the whole tree like you would with
> tarballs.

But I may ,,programm'' a download via sattelite, and I dont need the
active dial-up... Cvs need bi-direct connection (http does not)
So download from that page lasts 40-60 sec, and cvs - update after 2
months takes ~ 25min. It's because I have strongly assymetrical web
connection - 64 kb/sec up, and 1MB/sec down