Adding additional islands to game ...

From: Stefan Dirsch
Subject: Adding additional islands to game ...
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:45:51 +0200

Hi

I'm new to this list. Hope that this question wasn't already asked
before ...

As currently pingus (0.6) "only" comes with a tutorial (it's
awesome!), I would like to add one or more additional islands to the
game using levels already playable from "levels/playable"
directory. Is there any documentation how to achieve this or can you
give me any hints to do so?

I saw the worldmap files in "worldmaps". I think I can use one of
these for building a new island, but how can I tell pingus to continue
with this island instead of displaying the credits after tutorial is
finished? Is there a file to control this or must the sources be
adjusted for this?

BTW, what about let the user choose between playing the tutorial and
other islands just in the beginning of the game when we have more
islands? Just an idea ...

Best regards,
Stefan

--