Re: Compiling Hermes with MinGW

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Compiling Hermes with MinGW
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:34:21 +0200

IIRC there should be an autogen.sh there which will run autoconf, aclocal and automake for you. I hope you get it working, I tried it with a MinGW cross compiler but it failed at the final link stage with strange errors. One of those days I'll ask on their ML. :-)

Bye David

Ok, I've found an automake compiled with mingw, but the ./autogen.sh has the following output (Any Idea about greater or lower version numbers? Seems like the automake's too new...):

Bj”rn address@hidden /CVS/Libs_Mingw/Hermes-1.3
$ ./autogen.sh
Your version of automake is:

automake (GNU automake) 1.7.1

But automake >= 1.5b is required, you can find it at:

Source for automake 1.5b
- ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/automake/

Source for automake 1.6
- ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/