Re: Review of Pingus

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Review of Pingus
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:04:44 +0100

> Now onto the bad news, there are 2 problems with the game. First, it will
suddenly exit without error message when certain windows events occur. These
events include reciveing an IM with MSN Messenger. (I think it is the
flashing askbar button.) [This might actually be a coincidence, and actually
be part of the second problem.]
the game will occasionally, for no apperent reason, suddenly terminate,
without error.

> Also clicking on the pingus taskbar after 'alt-tab'ing out closes the game
like this.

Thats not two problems, thats one. If the Pingus window (or full screen as
it is) looses focus then on regaining focus it exits. I found this when I
was testing Pingus (I may have even reported it when I said it builds on
Windows, although I can't remember if I did...). I think the solution to
this would be to run Pingus in a window, instead of full screen. I am
guessing that this is a single command line flag or constant. This used to
be the way it was done a while back, and it worked fine.

Neil