Re: Level comment management tool

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Level comment management tool
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:09:28 +0200

Jarno Elonen <address@hidden> writes:

>> +--------+ Filename: snow14.xml
>>
>> |        | Name:  Snow over Ice
>> |
>> | Thumb  | Size:        100x100
>> |
>> |        | Pingus:      10/1000
>>
>> +--------+ Rating:         ****
>
> The problem is that showing this extra info would require parsing
> all the level files while generating the listing file whereas it now
> "only" requires about 300 directory scans.

I have written a little perl script that extracts level names and
descriptions and creates a webpage:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/levels/

Not finished and currently rather ugly, but generating that stuff
statically is probally quite a bit simpler than doing it on demand.
Ok, we lose the rating thing, but I can live with that as long as I
have the thumbnails.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927