Re: Lists of problems in the French translation

From: Etienne Marcotte
Subject: Re: Lists of problems in the French translation
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:48:09 -0400 (EDT)

I made some precision to my previous message. > 6 - The testing button in the editor contextual help > is in German (I guess) The text is the following : "Stelle die Anzahl der Fähigkeiten ein" > 10 - The check box text at the upper left of the main > map (show story) is too long. "Afficher le prologue?" doesn't fit in the box. So the little square is covered by the "og" and the question mark is on the sky. > 11 - There's some German (?) in the descriptions of > some levels (including #1 and #2) Level 1 : kliktanjem misa na Pinugsu (ok, I don't think it's German) Level 2 : E[g with a symbol I cannot type]er Pingular [an odd c]ok yüksekten dü[an odd s]erlerse ölürler, dikkatli ol! (not quite German too and if you grep, avoid the odd caracters) It's because of this : in digger-tutorial2-grumbel.xml : C'est votre première mission. Comme toujours, c'est assez facile. Tout ce que vous avez à faire, est de donner l'ordre à un Pingu de creuser un trou dans le sol afin qu'il puisse atteindre la sortie. Ceci est accompli en cliquant simplement sur un Pingu. kliktanjem misa na Pinugsu. in floater-tutorial-grumbel.xml : Bien joué dans votre première mission, maintenant passons à la suivante. Cette fois, vous allez devoir équiper vos Pingus avec un petit propulseur, qu'ils puissent atterrir légèrement sur le sol. Si les Pingus tombent trop haut, ils ne pourront survivre à la chute, alors soyez vigilant! Eðer Pingular çok yüksekten düþerlerse ölürler, dikkatli ol! > 16 - The number of Pingus to save can't be too long > (see the sixth level) When you have at least 20 Pingus to save, the first digit (or second to last) is put over the ":" of the "Nombre de Pingus à sauver:" (number of Pingus to save). We should make this line shorter. > 17 - The "Tutorial Island" in the back. I was just talking about the sign on the main map. Many of the others problems were only translation one. Who has translated Pingus in the different languages ? The one who did the French translation could go through all the French text before the next release.

Etienne Marcotte