Re: Pingus Localization Files?

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Pingus Localization Files?
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:17:58 +0100

Am Sa, den 27.12.2003 schrieb Val Kartchner um 02:43:
> I suggested some improvements to the English translations of the Pingus level
> descriptions.  Because I mentioned that I also know Spanish, I got
> volunteered to do the Spanish translation.  I'm also daring to do an
> Esperanto translation.  Both of these translations will certainly require
> improvements by others.

Do you use the CVS version? There have been quite a lot of corrections
to the english text. If you want to test, you should check out the 0.6.0
branch since the current version does not run at the moment.

cvs -d ':pserver:address@hidden:/var/lib/cvs' \
   co -r pingus_0_6 Games/Pingus

> I'm translating the level description files.  But I haven't been able to find
> the localization files for the action names, Tutorial Island, level editor,
> etc.  Are there such files and where are they located?

Those are handled by gettext and located in the po subdir. You've got to
copy pingus.pot to se.po and "Esperanto Code".po and insert the
translations there. If you also do expand ALL_LINGUAS in configure.ac
and rerun autogen.sh/configure they will be included into the build
process of Pingus. Once made known you may simply edit the xx.po file
and run make update-po in po/.
If you want to test your translations, you've got to install Pingus and
run the installed binary, not the one in /src.

Bye David