Re: pingu windows noooooooooooooo!

From: Jason Green
Subject: Re: pingu windows noooooooooooooo!
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:13:30 -0500

On 11/24/05, Thomas Makel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, i am Thomas from the Netherlands, and i downloaded :
Pingus 0.4.0 - Don't use!
Windows - http://pingus.seul.org/files/pingus-0.4.0-binary-win32.zip [5.9
Mb]
I didn't think it could do any harm so i tried it... and it fried my monitor
(LG Flatron 795ft plus) which can handle pretty much anything. It happened

The old Windows binary didn't set a default Refresh Rate, and I don't know how the code actually decided on one.  So, theoretically, if your monitor couldn't handle certain rates, it's possible it might have caused trouble.  The new (development release) Windows version is here:

http://cmhousing.net/pingus/Pingus-Setup.exe

There are plenty of bugs left, but there shouldn't be any remaining hardware-crashing bugs to my knowledge.  Sorry for the mishap!

Jason