Re: [Protux-devel] Untitled Project

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Untitled Project
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:46:49 +0100

Fabio dos Santos wrote:

Martin,

You said exactly what I was thinking, with all words, not one missing!!!

:-)

Which reminds me. We should not forget to implement a "Close Project". I
don't actually have studio recording experience (as a tecnician), but I
do know that you switch from one project to the other without actually
closing the program. Besides, If I was a tecnition, I wouldn't want to
project open while I was away from the computer (people might mess it
up!), and thinking that protux, like GNU/Linux, will be very stable, you
won't have to close Protux very many times when its ready for mass
usage!!!. . . So you should be able to close projects as well...

you close a project when loading another project, or creating a new one...
but it's true that a close button wouldn't be bad. For the moment to obtain the same effect: create a new 'dummy' project and delete (remove) it again (while having it open). So then no project will be loaded. The only problem is that in this case the display is a little bit messed up: the LCD is in the middle of the screen until you open or create a new project.... will be fixed one day (but probably not today).

another important feature for prodution use, especially live recording (concerts): a keyboard lock feature. i think of a hard jmb action like <<KK>>, when this action is performed, you can make everything on the keyboard and nothing happens untill you perform again that hard action. Of course will locked, protux keeps running and continues the task it was doing, like playing back or recording.

/Martin