Re: recording bugs (Was: [Protux-devel] color experimentation on BusMoni

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: recording bugs (Was: [Protux-devel] color experimentation on BusMonitor)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:27:50 +0000

> current CVS seems still pretty buggy :-(
>
> 1) try the following:
>  - select first track
>  - set second track recordable
>  - record (first track is still the selected), the recording clip is
> displayed in the second track as it should. - stop recording
>  - the clip is rendered and is still in the second track
>  - after rendering the clip is on the first track ???
>
> 2) furthermore, it happend several time that when stopping recording, the
> new clip is just discarded... and it's not possible to unset the track to
> recordable, nor to record again on it (it says no track is armed)... all
> the other tracks still work fine (for playback as well as for recording)

Why didnt anybody put all these on BL? I work on BL ;-)

anyway, remember that 0.16.0 is not intended to be a wide-annouced
super-functional quite-stable public release we want it to be 0.20.0), it is
just the step 1 of 3 for
next major release (0,20.0).

So, I am concentrated on avoiding segfaults right now. I will have to make many
changes on Mixer and Recording engines next release, so is not a good
idea try to fix them now , since they will be modified and reviwed anyway...

> 3) there are still X-Errors (at least when recording)

This is a mistery, I tried to solve them many time, they are always back...  I
have some guesses, but
no one of them are convincent even for me...

[]s