Re: recording bugs (Was: [Protux-devel] color experimentation on BusMoni

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: recording bugs (Was: [Protux-devel] color experimentation on BusMonitor)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 01:18:52 +0100

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:27:50 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> > current CVS seems still pretty buggy :-(
> >
> > 1) try the following:
> >  - select first track
> >  - set second track recordable
> >  - record (first track is still the selected), the recording clip is
> > displayed in the second track as it should. - stop recording
> >  - the clip is rendered and is still in the second track
> >  - after rendering the clip is on the first track ???
> >
> > 2) furthermore, it happend several time that when stopping recording, the
> > new clip is just discarded... and it's not possible to unset the track to
> > recordable, nor to record again on it (it says no track is armed)... all
> > the other tracks still work fine (for playback as well as for recording)
> >

> Why didnt anybody put all these on BL? I work on BL ;-)

i noticed them tonight... they are on BL now ;-)

> anyway, remember that 0.16.0 is not intended to be a wide-annouced
> super-functional quite-stable public release we want it to be 0.20.0), it is
> just the step 1 of 3 for
> next major release (0,20.0).

can't wait for 0.20... duplex and sub-device-routing !

> > 3) there are still X-Errors (at least when recording)
>

> This is a mistery, I tried to solve them many time, they are always back...
> I have some guesses, but
> no one of them are convincent even for me...

i tried to look at the clip drawing code... didn't understand it yet. Have to
learn how zooming and scrooling is implemented first.

/Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc