[Protux-devel] request for help

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] request for help
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:27:33 -0200

I need everyone with 2 or more sound cards , to run protux --d1 and
send me the part of output that says

  ENTERING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::init
        [ Found Alsa Device # 0 device=plughw:0,0 ]
        [ Found Alsa Device # 1 device=plughw:1,0 ]
        [ Checking BUS 0 ... ]
        ENTERING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::open_device
            [ ALSA BUS # 0 Sucessfully open ]
            [      DEV=plughw:0,0 MODE=PLAY  ]
            [      RATE=44100 CHANNELS=2 BITDEPTH=16 ]
            [      FPS=20  fragmentSizeInBlocks=2205  fragmentSize=8820 ]
        LEAVING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::open_device
        ENTERING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::close_device
            [ Sucessfully closed ALSA DEV=plughw:0,0 ]
        LEAVING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::close_device
        [ Checking BUS 1 ... ]
        ENTERING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::open_device
            [ ALSA BUS # 1 Sucessfully open ]
            [      DEV=plughw:1,0 MODE=PLAY  ]
            [      RATE=44100 CHANNELS=2 BITDEPTH=16 ]
            [      FPS=20  fragmentSizeInBlocks=2205  fragmentSize=8820 ]
        LEAVING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::open_device
        ENTERING MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc::close_device
            [ Sucessfully closed ALSA DEV=plughw:1,0 ]

I am interested on the lines : FPS=20 fragmentSize...

i need to know if for a given FPS, all th fragmentSize are equal, even using
different hardwares.. If so, I can make a huge performance on Mixer engine

Thanks a lot

Best Regards
--
Luciano Giordana - Musician - Certified Java/GNU C++ Developer - Free Software
Evangelist