[Protux-devel] Multiple threads

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Multiple threads
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:27:06 +0200 (CEST)

Another one :-)

When recording stops, there are as much threads started (peak_build) as
there are armed tracks. Protux is multitrack, so in the future, it will
not be uncommon that > 10 very CPU intensive threads are started at the
same time.

I want to serialize these threads, and my suggestion was (didn't you
receive my email about this Luciano??) to make a ThreadControl class who
takes care of the amount of runnning threads, maybe the possibility to
give certain threads a lower/higher priority, and the maximum allowed
running threads of the same kind.
Each class who wants to start a new thread has to ask the ThreadControl
class....
Well, that's an implementation question, don't know if a new thread has to
be started in the ThreadControl class, or just ask ThreadControl to get
permission to start a thread, or.....

I'm back online at monday, 8 o'clock pm (GMT + 1)

Have a nice weekend,

Remon