[Protux-devel] compressor/normalization filter and peakValues?

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] compressor/normalization filter and peakValues?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:16:32 +0200 (CEST)

Another question,

Do we need peak information for the compressor/normalization filter?
If so, do we use the peakbuffer to calculate/determine the highest peak?
And, how precise should it be? (for example peaks from a 16 bit audio
sample is stored as a char (8 bit), using the peakvalue from peakbuffer is
thus less acurate)
If peakbuffer is meant to be used for this filters, is 16 bits ok for all
bit depth's supported (16-24 en 32 bits?)

Thanks,

Remon

P.S.
If you agree with the question above, I'll start another session to see if
I can get microviewbuffer at work, using peakvalues with 16 bits.