[Protux-devel] Compressor Filter

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Compressor Filter
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:25:20 +0200

Luciano,

I saw in the TASK file that "Compressor Filter" had HIGH urgency. So I tried
to code it, but I have no idea how a compressor-algorithm should be coded.
And not willing to re-invent the wheel, I searched on internet and found a
compressor coded by: John S. Dyson's. It's c code, and recoded by Kai
Vehmanen in C++.
I used it, and modified it a bit to make it usable for the protux filter
engine.

But reading/setting compressor values don't work at the moment, and I have no
idea what good default values are for:
-peakpercent
-releasetime
-compressionratio
-fastcompressionratio
which are hardcoded, (until I now how to add a method in Compressor.cc which I
can call from CompressorController).

At the moment, the compressor destroys the sound, but thats most probably due
wrong values used.

Thanks,

Remon